Saturday, September 14, 2013

Welcome!!

Welcome to my new blog! I have been planning to get this started for a while and am excited to finally be doing it. Here I will be tracking my progress on my dance technique and career. I am a college student at a junior college studying dance with the intent to transfer to a university this coming spring or fall into a Dance program. I have a way to go with my technique as I have been out of dance for 2 years. I danced on my high School dance team for 2 years. the second year I was 2nd Lieutenant. Before my dance career began, I was a cheerleader and served as captain my freshman year. I love to be in a leadership role. After high school I took a little over a year off of dance. I married my High school sweetheart, Joey, and decided to major in biology. I did not realize that I would miss dance as much as I did. Everyday I found my self thinking about dance, and tried to find ways to fit it into my life with the path that I was going down. After I had my first child, Kinsley, I decided that I wanted to make dance my career. I started to dance at my junior college and was on the dance team. Then life happened and I found out that I was pregnant again! I took some time off from dance to have my son. During this time off I still continued with school going down the nursing road. I kept telling myself that I have two kids and I need to get school over with as soon as possible. Again, I found myself trying to find ways to squeeze dance back into my life. Finally I gave up fighting with myself. I have to follow my heart, my passion, and dance. I am a firm believer in leading by example. What kind of example will I be to my children if I settled? I would never want my children to do that! Some people might say that there is not much money in a dance career. What do I say? Life is not about the money! I am planning to get a teacher certification so that I can teach at a high school. This degree with not limit me to being a high school teach however, I can work at studios, professional dance companies whether it be in the spotlight or backstage. Also, I could open a dance studio, or (I am planning to) open a dance wear store.

My blog will be mainly about dance, but I have so many things that I love that I will have to share! I love and will post about arts and crafts, party planning, sewing and various other projects. I will also share some of my family life and my weight loss journey! Need to lose that baby weight x2!!

So here is a little bit about me. I invite you to join me on my journey! There will be ups and downs, but I am ready for the life that I was meant for. I encourage you to life your life to the fullest and stick around while I do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment